Sunday, June 10, 2007

How to identify (ebay) SCAMMER

1. changed username recently
2. no recent (3 month) transaction, no selling history
3. selling multiple high value items (without proper picture!) and cheap price
4. do check other buyers' recent feedback before you pay! Wait for one if none!
5.not responding to request (of address to send postal order) and suddenly ask to transfer by bank (not protected)
6. typo in corresponding
7.not providing paypal for high value item.

Things to do:

Request contact from ebay "search a contact" to make sure you want to proceed

get contact information (residency and telephone) and report to police



>Hi,
I bought a non-existing ipod from a scammer on ebay.co.uk. I've transferred 159 pounds to his bank and got no further response. There are about 20-30 other people also bought his item recently, all in a few days.
account URL:
item number (10 ipod) 22011729882x
He also sold faked Tomtom and other high value items in 10 items each bid...
I have obtained the user's registered information on ebay, as well as the bank account I've paid. I rang the number and no one answered.
Think this is an online crime so I report this. Please let me know if this is of any use and if you need further information.
Many Thanks

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home